Well, once again we've broken our record of "no update for a long time".
Sorry for that, I don't have as much time as I used to.
Here is a new version of the plugin, with a few bugfixes and new features.
I take no credit for it, it's all Camico's job!
Lyrics retrieval has been fixed and improved : now 3 lyrics sources, automatical "search on" if appropriate.
Creation of kde folder icons (png): Press "i" on desired cover (for now, needs ImageMagick's "convert")
You can grab it here.
Enjoy, and don't hesitate to send feedback!
Wow, it's been a long time... I wish I could do something before, but I
had definitely too much work to do. Hopefully, a new developper has comed to
help me (to be honest, he did most of the work for this wip version)... Let
me introduce Camico!
In last version, stability was a better, but there were big memory leaks.
You can probably still fine some, but I hope the major one were removed
The plugin now includes lyrics retrieving capacity (see screenshots...)
This is a merge (done by camico) with my other project (Lyrc) which I'll
probably continue here only. The merge is quite nice, with features I couldn't
implement in lyrc. Yet, since it's a "merge", it needs some cleaning, but it's
already very usable and nice.
Here is a cvs snapshot,
for you to test. Enjoy, and don't hesitate to send feedback!
Finally, I got some time to work on the plugin...
You now need id3lib installed (it(s a library used to read the mp3 tags...)
This addition prevents a lot of crashes
You can now give some words to give more priority to certain covers in the
sorting process (For example, if you have "front.jpg" and "back.jpg" in the
songs directory, the image "back" was displayed first, because the files were
sorted alphabetically... Now, if you add the word "front" to the list, it will
shows up in a more natural order) Words are given in a list, and are separated
by spaces ("front devant folder", for example)
There is an option to disable buttons in skinned mode, in case you don't
coveralia is coming back in the
search-script, and amazon.com was reworked
(you used to get a lot of norah jones/alanis morissette covers with old
The rest is essentially small bug fixes/code cleanup
Sorry for the lack of update (i've been busy at work and on another project... Anyway,
I've done a few things, here is an updated version, have fun!!
Image validity is now tested only on display, it speed up loading time
significantly with big images
Bug correction : configuring when plugin not enabled shouldn't crash xmms
Add "*.jpeg" files in images search
Now numbered 0.11 instead of 0.1.11 (great feature right?)
Menu : when cover-management can't be launched, the option is greyed and a
reason is explained below
Covers are looked in the "covers-directory" and in the "album directory"
and both are displayed (instead of only "album" or only "covers-dir" as
Usual small bugfixes
The "Manage covers" option should appear in the menu more often
Cover Management : the size of the images now appears in the main
CoverViewer can now auto-hide itself if no cover is available (instead of
displaying the "default" image) Go in config window to change the option (off
Cover Management : on a right click menu, you'll have access to "Manage
(only for covers stored in the coverdir for the moment!!!). It allows to
add/delete covers, launch new searches, etc... (As a new function it may need
some polish. But it's quite functionnal I think)
A new site search has been added
www.coveralia.com and another one removed
www.cdcover.nl (it needs a
Add a button for opening files (Eject button)
Add an info window to say what's going on while downloading covers.
Bug fixes in title/tag reading
To Do : Debugging, polishing code, Media manager (winamp3 style), KDE/Qt
version (with karamba-like feature), winamp version... Who knows!
is a resume of last episodes.